Friday, February 18, 2011

This Sunday's Story

Hi everybody! It's been a bit quiet around here lately because I was working on my next story, but I've got it pretty much figured out by now. I'll give you the usual information/summary along with the tale of where I got the idea for this week's story.

This story is going to be a sort of post-apocalyptic sci-fi drama set in Tibet. I felt like after that cute Valentine's Day story, we could all use something a little... grittier. Although this story will probably have a happy/hopeful ending, because I like happy endings. (I'll have to add some sad stories to my list of what to write over the course of this year!)

The story about how I got the idea is this: A few weeks ago in AP Biology, we were studying evolution and extinction. My teacher said something that I thought was very interesting. He said, "Mass extinctions seem to happen like clockwork." I thought, Hmm. If that's true, then aren't we due for another mass extinction pretty soon?

And that's how my post-apocalyptic story was born. ;) Oh, the places we writers get ideas! The story'll be up on Sunday, as usual. Until then, readers!

1 comment:

  1. omg!that sounds so interesting!
    you should write about what would happen if there was a nuclear war!

    ReplyDelete