Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Making Progress...

Hello, everyone! First, I just want to check in and reassure everyone that I am working on writing a story! So don't worry, this blog is not going to die any time soon. On another note, you might think that I already had something planned out for the first story of my blog, but that would would make this too easy, wouldn't it? ;) Never fear, though, I have a plot and characters now after much deliberation and brainstormage.

Second, here's some of the story's information. The genre is closest to drama. It's set in San Francisco. It involves a man and a woman but no romance... As for the rest, you'll find that out on Sunday. :) Hopefully this has caught your attention now!

Third, if anyone is interested, the book I'm using to make my character profiles (character's name, age, personality, etc.) is The Complete Idiot's Guide to Writing for Young Adults by Deborah Perlberg. It has a "Writer's Bible" in it (the aforementioned profile) which I'm finding quite helpful. Aspiring writers, I'd recommend that book, even if you're not planning to write for young adults.

Alright, that's about all I have to say for now. I might check in between here and Sunday, or I might just post my story on Sunday. 'Till then, my friends!

3 comments:

  1. You've caught my attention! I'll be sure to check back in on Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Julianna! Your plan sounds good! I can't wait to hear more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much everyone! I have my first story up now. :) I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete